May 3, 2009

Documentary : First Flood 2009

Jan 11, 2009 - Today! Today was the day when history was not only repeated! Today was the day when the history of the worst flood was made... I was on my way home after attending mass at St. Joseph's Cathedral this Sunday evening and this was what I saw...



A row of cars at the side of the roads. Something came up to me...
"Oh Yes! Oh no... Could it be flood?!". Dad couldn't go much deeper cause of the seemingly kereta curi poor cars parked on side of the roads. We had to walk home from where my dad parked the car.. about 100-200m away.





These were the pics that I could take tonight. Thank God, it was just the roads that was flooded. The waters didn't reach or flood my house. It's been 3 days of continuous heavy rain in Kuching. It's either a good or bad thing...
The good thing is... We no need to pay for the water bills. There's free water everywhere!
Besides, the meter might be 'rosak' due to the flood ;)
Also, no one needs to go to school or work if this flood is taking it to the 'extreme level'.

The bad news is...
Our precious belongings and homework get wet!
Bolster and other cuddly soft toys Oh no... Teacher might either treat it as a lame excuse wor she will say something like... "Oh! Poor You! Here's a little something" *Hugs* (me shivers in geli-ness)

Anyways, there's news that over 3000 people were affected by the flood. Ambulance or Police or Bomba's (don't know what's the difference) siren can be heard around my area...

Jan 12, 2009 - Day 2 of flood at my area. Mom was talking in the phone with my aunt when I was still lying down on my bed (just woke up from sleep). The waters are rising again! (KingTide, I suppose?). Mom asked me to carry something to Granpa's house.. His place was flooded last night till my kelamin level so Aunt and Granpa had to sleep over at my house last night :P



This was one of the pics which I took when I was on my way to Granpa's House.



A little bit more deeper...

I was walking the 200m distance barefooted and my leg hurts :P Here's more pics...





These are a small glimpses of how bad the flood was. It was 5.21pm at that time and the big deep drains were already flooded. I'm just about 100m away from my Granpa's house at that time... I remembered when my dad and I went to go 'fishing' by the drain during the previous flood :P



Some houses were already flooded...



A little more further to my Granpa's House. Some people were playing water guns at a further distance :P







The flood was below my knee cap level when I was on my way home to get some more things for Granpa. The water reached my kneecap level when I returned. It was rising up fast...





Oops? Could this be the modern Cinderella story if I picked up that shoe? O.O
And this is a little something for people who enjoyed the flood as in... shuffling on the water, playing water gun, sitting and float and kicking your way around, etc...



There might be something more scarier than a drowned scorpion! Maybe a swimming snake like those from the movies O.O

Day 3 is yet to come. Or will it?

Btw, guess where does this cute little Momo come from? =D



No comments:

Post a Comment