May 3, 2009

Yours Truly

March 5, 09 - Two years (last year and this year) of being an assistant class monitor taught me something... Being an assistant class monitor was not as easy as being a prefect (especially when I had to do most of the job by myself =X).

[Last Year 2008]
Sadly, I was not a prefect. I was the only non-prefect in my group of friends. I was often very lonely in class when my friends were away for duty. Thus, having too much free time...

Anyways, problems arise from the point when I was appointed as assistant class monitor last year. I thought that having a monitor post in class should be a good thing. At least, I could stand out in my group =P I did not want to disappoint my friends to become the Chinese representative for the class. Also, I need the post for my KK points. Besides, my identity as a class monitor can easily kept and hidden from my parents who did not want me to carry any unnecessary burden.

Time flies. Most teachers always refered to me for the whatever-monitor-duty job. I asked for help but the actual class monitor had something better to do... caligraphy! I, too have something more better to do besides sweeping the floor, arranging the tables, tick attendance file, check attendance (sometimes), handing out papers, inquire teachers for importants notes and announcement for the class, etc.. Many non-prefects in my class knew and were witnesses to this. They wanted me to stand up against him but NO!

"He complained about the previous monitors before. Why not you?!" said (name).
My crappy thoughts came up to me again... "He's been acting really nice to certain people *ahem*. Also, he's making his jobs seems so obvious and mine not so obvious!"

Quarelling and debating was not my game. I wanted to resign but some people just did not want that to happen... leaving him as class monitor.

[This Year 2009]
I was nominated to become assistant monitor again!!! Argh!!! Again, I could not refuse. There no better candidates in my class to become class monitor and assistant monitor... especially HIM! At least our current class monitor did a better job than the previous one. We were able to split our jobs and carry it accordingly without much complication (pushing the job around) and procrastination. As expected, life in school gets tougher especially when I needed to study so much for SPM!

My job as assistant monitor this year were lesser and simpler...
-Inquire teachers for notes and announcements
-Collect money for whatever educational funds (especially when school is cutting cost these days)
-Get everyone to tugas in class (whenever necessary).

One thing which I do not feel happy about was our previous class monitor (2008) trying to get himself involved with us and our job! Why on earth is he picking (scolding, advising, super-vising) more on the class monitor rather than on me?!
Was it because the class monitor was small in size and easier to pick on?
Was it because he think that he could do a better job than us?
Was it because he was upset that he was not nominated as class monitor? (What happened to him saying "I do not want to become class monitor again this year? I can play reverse psychology better!)

Whatever...

No comments:

Post a Comment