May 3, 2009

My Valentine '09

Feb 14, 2009 - Today was the day that I've waited for... It's partly because of Valentine's Day but it does not mean that I have anyone special. Well, it's because of the Valentine Talentine Event which was held at William Tan Auditorium, St. Joseph school this afternoon. However, somethings did not quite go well as planned and it's not because I did not receive any Valentine Gifts from anyone I know or don't know... (or at least a prank gift by some friends :P)

This is my story of today.. A little bit of how it goes..
*skips morning stories* ; ) now at St. Joseph school, my school :)





My first group performance with Leslie was about to begin when I just arrived school with an empty stomach. None of my friends (who were mostly prefects and 'duty-ing') were free enough to leave and buy lunch for me. Our first song performance was "In Love", composed by me. We made some last minute changes in the song before our performance but it was okay. I knew I wasn't so good in my singing (vocals, etc) so I just allowed Les become lead singer in this song and I become 'harmonizer'. The good thing was that no one 'boo-ed'. I screwed up a little in the song (so much of my own song! :P) but it was ok overall. We managed to cover up for each other.

We got off the stage when the crews and some friends started to give more good comments and praises. Yea, the music wasn't loud enough (though I think it was enough for both of us to listen :P) My stomach kept grumbling and the only thing that manage to keep me from severe stomach pain was the water I drank. Gosh, I drank too much! :S Still, I didn't have enough to go anywhere to buy lunch so I hanged around in the auditorium. Somehow, I feel kinda awkward. Somehow, I was expecting someone to be here though it's most probably NO! But I sure expected to win! =D It's a talentshow afterall and I proved to the judges that I have more than just 1 talent. I can compose songs, play guitar and sing =.=

I've waited for at least 30 more minutes, not more than 1 hour for my next performance. My solo with my another song "Be My Valentine", composed by me. I practiced at the performers' section with Les as someone to comment and help improve in my solo singing especially in my vocals (my only weakness =.=). Another stage fright... Judge Fright!





I was trying to distract my sight away from them but I noticed someone. Could it be a friend somewhere near the main entrance? My plans for my solo 'tidak jadi' after that. What I planned to do was telling everyone this with a really shy look, "Hello everyone. My name is James. I know that I've already been introduced by the emcee but I wanna do this again. Anyways, today I'm going to sing a song which I recently composed for this very day and I would like to dedicate this to someone special. I know you're there somewhere. I hope you'll enjoy this song 'Be My Valentine'"

;)

(The wink is memang intended for the audience but I totally forgot about it when coming on stage :P). The song was abit rushy or screwed. The tempo increased quite alot and I didn't realised until my friends and the stage crew told me. Anyways, I was also supposed to throw a flower and give another wink OR jump down the stage and look for the head prefect girl to give the flowers to. The head prefect girl is older and not compatible for me so PLS NO BAD IDEAS! Both plans tidak jadi because I lost the plastic flower which I stole from some class earlier on. I couldn't look for one anymore because I was outta time and the flowers sold outside the auditorium was kinda expensive!! =.= (No wonder the world spent 13 billion just on this one day for profits!)



I have no more performances after that so I hanged around the performers' section or dressing room texting some loved ones (bros and sis ;-)..) before heading out to refill my water. I took the camera (which I borrowed from Karen C. earlier on) from my friend who I requested to take videos of my performances and something something. Surprise!! Sis came without telling me anything earlier. ...O.o I continued texting her and some other loved ones who were here and going to be here and those who were not here for the talentine.

Meanwhile... Guess who just arrived?





The Stoic4Life Band still in their cars.
Stoic4life, our invited guest performer performed. Gosh, they did really well!! ;) It's kinda sad that they had to leave early for mass this evening. Sorry I didn't take any pictures of them on stage :P Don't know why... O.o

There's nothing much that can be done for me except watching the performers doing what they were doing. I was hanging out abit with Karen C. and her band before they left. There were still 5 or 6 or 7 more performances before this all ends and it comes to the judges' final conclusion and PRIZE GIVING!



It was one of my unexpecting moments. The audience kept voting Stoic4life as champion for both categories of group singing and band :P (though they knew that Stoic4life was actually an invited cool band ;-) )
Also, I was expecting hoping to win (after proving that I have 'talents' XD Can compose songs, play guitar and sing. I only took part in the solo singing category which... didn't go so well for me =.=. My other (own-composed) song which I performed with Leslie was just only an opening performance or something like that :P (thus, not counted in the judges' conclusion). The heart beats for me as the name of winners were called out for each category.

The 2nd runner-up for group singing is... (as expected, not us! XD)
The 1st runner-up for group singing is (Not anyone I know?! O.o)
The Champion goes to... Alex Kucha and Leslie Wong! (Woo! Everyday! ;) As expected! I hoped they won and they did XP)





Now comes the category which I'm competing in... Solo Singing! =S
The 2nd runner-up for solo singing is... (not me)
The 1st runner-up for solo singing is... (not me again!)

The Champion goes to... =(



Well, somethings are not meant to be perhaps? =) Check this out!
Somehow, something felt to move me from within. Could it be me when I was attending Saturday Evening mass after the talentine? Nop.. It was the story of the True Valentine which I was trying to remind myself about. I may not receive any valentine gifts for my past 17 years. I may not win my first Talentshow of my life today. I may be disappointed with myself and my songs. Rest Assure... God has always and will always be my Valentine =)

My plans of getting bald this evening also tidak jadi because of some reasons (chicken-ing out was not one of the reasons! =.=). Maybe God have other plans for me of not getting bald :P Anyways, can't wait to move on with life! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment