May 3, 2009

"Joshua Generation" Onboard Doulos




Dec 30, 2008 - One more day to Christmas Eve. I was out shopping with Karen C. and Edmund today for somethings until Edmund told me about his situation that he was given a ticket to attend a talk entitled "Joshua Generation: Youth Leaders Leadership Training" which he couldn't attend to. So I decided to go for it despite of the last minute report to my dad about the event. I had dinner at SCR Express with some people from the Empowered before heading to Doulos for the first time (I was really busy before so I hardly had any time to go). Merv was kind enough to bring me from SCR Express to Doulos for the talk. They were playing some game which relates to teamwork when we arrived. Anyways, I wanted to get a clearer view so I decided to sit somewhere near to the stage but I was somewhat worried that I might block someone's view. At the end, KT signalled at me to come and sit with him and some other friends from Empowered on the same table.



I never thought that I would see some familiar faces in the ship. I met Keith Wei (ex-Josephian and ex-classmate), John Liew, etc. Anyways, I didn't come here just for that. The talks were very inspiring and they asked us questions that some of us had never asked ourselves. Some people were busy copying whatever that was projected on the screen and whatever the speakers were trying to say. Somehow, they went too fast for some of us to copy. I wasn't one of the 'us' cause all I did was trying to listen and understand... Most of all, trying to let it sink deep inside me though it hardly did most of the time. Can't believe that I'm really forgetful!! :@

This was one of the question in a paper that was given to us. Each table has different sorts of questions...

Comparing the each other spiritually, physically or socially:
You are walking among your youth in the fellowship time and you hear one of the conversation: Jen is telling Anna how beautiful Anna is and how she wishes to be like her... What would you tell Jen??
Spiritually:
You are wonderfully made by God and God loves you all the same!! Does it really matter?! (By KT)

Physically:
Well, yea... (wink) she looks kinda hot but you are beautiful in your own way. It's the inside that counts afterall. Besides, no one wants to REALLY love you for who you are from the outside than who you actually are in the inside(unless it's infatuation)... In other words, I love your inside rather than your outside :P (By ?)

Socially:
Of course! She got the look mah. What if she doesn't have that pretty face? Will cute guys (like me) go to her? The friends you have now are true and they don't see your outside as how you see her outside... (By ?)

Also, we learnt to tear a paper into a cross in a more developed way (I guess?).



I forgot that I wrote somethings on the paper before I tore it =.= There was some 'advertisements' made by the doulos crew after the talks end at 9.30pm. Also, a photoshoot of everyone was taken on the stage inside the hall where the talks were held inside the ship. This is what happened outside the hall after that...



We filled in some forms that were provided outside the hall so that we can always keep in contact with the ship. Some of us from empowered wanted to go to the bookstore after that but it was closed. That was somewhat unfortunate for us especially for me because this was my first time to Doulos and I had not yet visited the bookstore. I'm worried about the next time because Doulos would be leaving to somewhere else on the 2nd of Jan. Now it is somehow held back here at Kuching because Brunei had not given the ship its approval come. I'm not sure whether that is a good or bad thing. We didn't spend long in the ship before heading down from the ship where we took some pictures together along with the sheep.
More pics here...



That ends my post about my night at Doulos Ship listening to wonderful and inspiring talk.. "Joshua Generation".

No comments:

Post a Comment